Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

History Buff

There's a lady here at the campground that is a fellow workcamper. She and her husband have worked here for the last 6 seasons. BUT they've been coming to Gettysburg since the 80's and both are history buffs. She drove me around G'burg today visiting some of the more important places giving me a personal guide service. 


Every state that participated in the civil war fighting here have the opportunity to put up monuments depicting the participants, where they camped/headquartered and fought.  There are over 3000 such stone, concrete, granite monuments here.  She took me down an alley, between two houses to some that probably are very seldom visited by the tour guides. 


We then went to O'Rourke's for lunch.  Keeping in mind my daughter's suggestion to eat out what you would not cook at home, I decided I was interested in Irish Beef Stew, Shepherd's Pie and the Meat and Mashed with Guinness gravy. I told the waitress to surprise me and she brought me the Meat(loaf) and Mashed. Very tasty. And, such a big amount of food I can have it as leftovers as well.  After lunch we went home with plan to go again next week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment