Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

Slow Mosey I - day 2

Good evening, This morning I was able to finally stop by Springfield Leather Center in Springfield, MO. I usually buy all my leather and tools at Tandy in Tulsa, but SLC puts Tandy to shame. Wow! I spent over an hour there and then stopped by Jo-Anns to return some fabric and buy some green taffeta so I can finish a special order. Didn't get out of Springfield till about 11am which was a good 3 - 4 hours later than hoped. I'm sitting at McDonals in Princeton, KY and will go find the hosptial to spend the night. There's not a big ole Wal Mart here and I actually enjoy sleeping in a Hospital's parking lot (as long as I can park somewhat far from the ER entrance - for obvious reasons). Its not unusual to see out of state car tags, especially for a town that's right on the highway. The trailer is holding together. Each time I stop I do a walk around. In MO I noticed one of the license tags screws had come off (oh, yeah, now I remember I was going to get some plyers to titghten them down) and the one screw that was left was barely holding on. The fix? Zip Ties. After it started getting dark I started wondering if the hitch ball was tight still. I hadn't checked it and every little bump had me worried. But, here at McDonalds, I looked at it and its still safe and secure. I'm going to the WV GTG and will have a 7 hour drive tomorrow. I'm actually feeling like I'll never get there. But, when you drive 60 mph it takes a while to drive 983 miles. But, that's OK. I hope to be there until Tuesday then hotfoot it over to my daughter's in Maryland to help celebrate my granddaughter's third birthday. Peace, Love and Kudos to the person that invented Zip Ties.

No comments:

Post a Comment