Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fear

At Campbell folk school most of the students are retired folks.

On our name tags it tells our state of residence and what class were taking. When. People read Oklahoma, of course I get storm questions.  But when I tell them I,m a full time RVer they ask me if I'm not afraid to travel alone.

No, I say.  And they then try their best to convince me that a wise and prudent person would be afraid.  What about my family, they ask. My daughter is fine with my decision, I say. So now they're not only sure I'm not playing with a full deck, surely my child is also not wise and prudent otherwise she would convince me to not live this life. .  

Some people turn a pale shade of gray with envy and others say why not live my best life anyway I can. (I like talking to those folk)

I just smile but may soon. Pretend I still have a home in OK just to not give the fear mongers fodder.

NO. I am not afraid to travel alone.   I wish you were traveling with me. 

Peace and prudence to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment