Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Has it really been that long?

In my last post I was on my way to Maryland to see the family and volunteer at the Common Ground on the Hill festival.  By volunteering I was able to take a couple classes.  The first was a drawing class entitiled everyone can draw - HAH!  Not me.  I also took a basket making class and made 2 beautiful baskets which I gave to my daughter. 

I stayed almost the whole month of July and I got to see my daughter, 3 granddaughters and son in law quite a bit while there.  Karen and the girls and I even went on a 2 day camping trip to a state park.  Had a wonderful time camping with them. 

After Maryland I went to North Carolina to teach at Campbell Folk School.  I love that place!

Then I drove to Missouri to help my friend, Mark and Annie while they ran the Floraculture portion of the Missouri State Fair.  They have a disabled son and my "job" was to be there after the day nurse left and cook him supper.  My good friend Bob is working there so I got to visit with him as well. 

On my way to Oklahoma to make a doctor's appointment, my van overheated and blew the tranny near Carthage MO.  I hobbled into Carthage and called Coach Net (AAA type club for RVers) for a tow to an RV park because at the same time I came down with an infection and for 3 days had a 102 degree fever.  The tow truck drive didn't hook up my trailer properly before towing it and I was worried it might have caused brake damage, but was too sick to care at the time.  I finally left Carthage 4 days later and headed to Claremore, OK to have the tranny fixed (replaced) by a trusted mechanic. 

So, with a new tranny I decided to have the brakes on the TT looked at by an RV repair shop.  Yep, sure enough, towing the trailer with the break-away switch pulled caused the brakes to wear out.  I needed new brakes, drums, the whole 9 yards.  

Yesterday, I taught 10 Cherokee's how to make Cherokee Pucker Toe Moccasins and will be leaving Oklahoma in a few days after the brakes are fixed and the TT is safe to pull.
Whew - that's a lot of stuff.  I'll write more often - no really I promise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment