Search This Blog

Monday, November 10, 2014

Oil Heiress, I am

18 years after the fact, I find out that my mom had inherited 1/4 interest in 4 acres of land in south Dallas.  An oil company contacted my brother Bobby's boy, Michael about signing a 3 year mineral rights lease.  The guy, Chet wanted all kinds of contact information for the family.  Michael called me and asked me about it, but since Chet was misspelling mom's name and had people listed that we've never even heard of before, I decided that we should not give any info and just blow him off and he'll lose interest. 

Michael, in his wonderful, typical Stidham way (I can just hear my dad and brother Bobby saying this very thing) wrote the guy back and essentially said "Dude, you're a fraud, don't contact us any more".

To which the "Dude" contacted him back and asked to speak with me.  I did call him, and for sure he knew enough about where mom inherited it from and even had a copy of the will, that I figured his information was correct and that since mom and dad were deceased, I really was 1/4 owner in 1 acre of land in south Dallas. 

I got the bank draft yesterday and the contract.  Luckily my other brother, Danny's widow, knew enough about oil leases that after she got her copy, she said it was all above board and to go ahead and sign it.

So, now, I'm an oil lease heiress.  I hope they strike it big!!!  Woo Hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment