Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2012

The beginning of the end

Good morning, Last night I sold my 1997 Camry. Mom bought it new and its been a very good car so far. I'm glad I'm good friends with its new owner. I was also surprisingly sad to see it go. I went to supper with the friend that bought the car and we went to a cafe that has a very good reputation and that we like to go to. But last night's meal was horrible. We both sent ours back. We'd ordered the catfish and it came in a bunch of little battered bits of fish. The last time I ordered it, the catfish was a fillet. The girl said the bits was the only way they ever sold the catfish and that they cut the filets up and battered them before cooking. (Why?????) We both disagreed that it was how they've always sold it, but asked if they couldn't just cook us 2 filets instead. So another 20 minutes later out comes the catfish. We had to ask for our "sides" which had been sitting for 20 minutes under a heat lamp. We had to ask for lemon. We had to ask for tartar sauce. We had to ask for the bread. We ate the fish but it was no where near worth the $8.99 it cost. Sorry folks, but I didn't feel the need to tip the little girl that was argumentative and had to be asked to deliver each part of our meal. Geesh. If it was the first time we had eaten there I would never go back, but I know it to be a good cafe so I'll give it another go. I just won't order the fish. Now for a couple things that have been bothering me. First, I heard second hand that someone I know made a derogatory remark about a friend and while I didn't hear it myself, knowing the person that said it, I don't doubt it happened. So, I wonder if I should mention it or just let it pass. My friend will probably find out just how the hater feels about them without my help. But, if I could steer them clear of the hater, then would I be doing my friend a favor? I'll ponder it some more. Today I thought of a question about something on the van and my first thought was to ask my friend about it. But, then, I can't always turn to him for answers (plus he's probably tired of my endless questions by now) I've decided to try and find the answer on my own. And why wouldn't I want to find the research the answer? Because I'm an Instant gratification kind of girl and find it much easier to ask someone that knows instead of taking time to find out myself. I guess you could also list me as a Lazy Instant Gratification kind of girl!!!! peace, love and letting go of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment