Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Good, The Bad, The Smelly

Here I sit under a very large oak tree on a piece of land owned by a couple that operates their farm as a WWOOF farm http://wwoof.org/ My friend Bob is here working in exchange for room and board for himself and Malcolm. Both are doing well and seem to like it here. I'm not sure how long this will last for them, they've been here 2 months now and the woman, Annie kind of talked to me about her need for her and her husband to decide on a date that Bob's commitment here should end. I'm really torn by this news because I know Bob would like to stay here but also because I cannot take him with me. I wonder where he will go after this. But, I'm barely able to care for myself much less them too. I've looked online and found some free campsites between here and home and may make a slow mosey that direction. Its still too warm for me to want to go home, though finances will make that a necessity very, very soon. Thank goodness Mary at Sharps Indian Store will buy any thing I take to her and she has ordered some Osage Shawl Strips and a woman's Fingerwoven belt. Plus my friend Jamie with the NoWeTa Cherokee Cultural Club asked me to teach some classes and Jo Don with the Owasso JOM program would like me to teach as well. Bob played his guitar for me, Annie and her son Chris and 2 other WWOOFers last night. He played very well and strong and I really enjoyed hearing him again. After everyone went inside, he and I sat around the campfire and talked until 1 a.m. He brought up several things that made me question my future plans. I still don't know what those plans are. I wish I did. Will someone please tell me what to do???? lol Anyway, I think I'll head out tomorrow. I'm parked in back of Annies house under the same aforementioned tree but unfortunately there is a hog farm across the road to the West. And we all know that the wind primarily blows from West to East here, so the aroma of hog poop is pervasive. Last night I slept with my windows down in the van and went to sleep under my wool Indian blanket that smelled like campfire and woke up to the stench of hog. Lesson learned was to close the windows before heading off to sleep. peace, love and big ole oak trees :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment