Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

Good mornin from Campbell Folk School!

Did I mention before that I love this place?

Last night was my first night of teaching.  Its essentially a meet and greet with the students after supper.  We go to the Studio and visit and then the students start to think about what project they want to make. 

I have one older (meaning realllllly older) gentleman whose hands shake so bad I'm afraid to let him use the rotary cutter.  When I ask him what he wants to do he says - what ever you want me to do.  He's evidentaly been married for a very long time.  lol   He's so cute - but scary with sharp cutting tools.

I talked so much in class last night that I ended up with barely a whisper.  This morning my voice is cracking so I'll probably lose my voice completely, again. 

Oh, and the older gentleman can't hear very well.  I have to talk directly at him, and it doesn't help that I can barely get a sound out.  Its a comedy, me trying to talk loud enough for him to hear, him leaning closer and closer to me and my voice getting weaker and weaker.  It really is quite funny. 

Did I mention that I love this place?  I really, really do!

peace and love and courage to you all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment