Search This Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Slow Mosey 2012 - June 18 to July 16

I left my home in Pawhuska, OK on June 18th.  If all goes as planned I won't be back there until December.

I had the utilities turned off but left my deposits so when I return all I have to do is turn them back on.

My first stop was going to be one of my favorite Rest Areas on I-40 between Little Rock and Memphis.  But, I wasn't really sleepy so I decided to drive a little further.

I ended up sleeping (?) at a Wal Mart just on the North East side of Memphis.  On this trip to Tumbling Creek Campground near Ducktown TN, I decided to go through Nashville.  It seems out of the way, but compared to the road I usually take (Highway 72 from Memphis to Decatur, AL, up through Chattanooga, TN then over to Ducktown, TN) Mapquest said it was less than 30 miles further but quicker.

Since I was wanting to get there ASAP I bit the bullet and stayed on the Interstate.

It was an OK ride.  Just what is expected from driving on a 70mph road, lots of trucks and places to get gas and eat.

 I doubt I'll take this route again, I just enjoy the southern route more.


No comments:

Post a Comment