Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Crunchy eggs

Just finished eating a delicious breakfast. One I call crunchy eggs. Its got, onion, bell pepper, ham, usually mushrooms, garlic and any other veggies I have available. I cook the veggies and ham then stir in 2 scrambled eggs. After the eggs are done, I lay on a half slice of american cheese. Ummmmmm Delicious crunchy eggs. Until recently I would not eat eggs unless they were part of another dish. But, eggs have protein, are better for me than pancakaes and so, I have accepted that even though I don't like eggs, they're good for me. But, one thing I won't back down on, is they have to be as dry as possible. No light and fluffy eggs, so runny yellows or whites. Why did I bring up the eggs? Because I cannot eat them without thinking of a good friend, Bob. See Bob stayed with me for a month or so earlier this year and he DID NOT like my crunchy eggs. Every once in a while, when I woke later than him, he'd fix me breakfast of yukky eggs. He's scramble the eggs, adding milk to them before cooking, then lay on a whole slice of cheese. The result was a gloppy, sloppy, yukky scrambled egg concoction. I'd eat them as a courtesy (truth be known I'd slip them to his dog, Malcolm). On my last trip from Georgia back to Oklahoma in August, I stopped by to see Bob in Missouri where he is currently living. I really enjoyed seeing my friend and hearing him play his guitar and sing. The next morning at breakfast he asked if I still liked crunchy eggs. Yes, I said, and he reminded me he did not like them. I wonder if eating an egg reminds him of me. peace, love and all the little things that bring up good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment