Search This Blog

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Nice weather and dead mice

Today is a pretty nice, much cooler day than this past week's 100+ degrees. Its supposed to be in the 90s the next week, but that's still better than 106. Wonder where all the dead mice are. When ever I leave on a trip, I lay out mouse poison and when I come home there is usually at least one dead mouse in the house - and I usually find it when least expected, which by now you'd think I'd expect to find it. For those that know me well, you know dead animals are my phobia. I can deal with parts, Turkey tails, Eagle wings, Otter hides, but not a whole dead animal. Even little dead mice send me into hysteria. Think I'm exaggerating? Ask my daughter. The only way I can dispose of the little buggers is to call her for reinforcement and encouragement. It usually takes me a good 15 minutes and entails crying, shrieking and cussing. I usually have to throw something on top of it and then try to sweep it up and throw it away. I blame my two brothers for this phobia - surely one or both of them teased me as a child. People say to confront your fears head on and get over it - not me and dead animals. Anyway, I haven't found one dead mouse so far, and believe me I've looked. Now that I've written this I'll probably find several. If you hear a commotion coming from Oklahoma, you know the cause. peace love and the absence of dead animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment