Search This Blog

Friday, September 7, 2012

Deconstruction

I've really been on a bend the last few days wanting to get the van winterized. So yesterday morning I took every thing out and removed some of the wood "accents". In truth these accents are just added weight that I have to pay to move down the highway so they're not gonna be put back once I have the insulation done. Today I removed all the screws and stuff on one wall section so I could peek behind it to see what kind of insulation there is or isn't (there isn't any). I then took some measurements and have begun to plan how the van will be laid out. I'm pretty sure that I've got it all down and if the weather would cool off I could work longer on it. I've also realized there are some things I don't have the knowledge or skill to do, so I'll ask my friend in Georgia to help when I get there around the 2nd or 3rd of October. That is, if he's not to busy working on this big ole school bus, soon to be RV! I've also begun another big purge at the houses, laying excess stuff by the street for people to come take, throwing lots of stuff away, getting donation boxes ready and packing the bins that I'll take with me. After two longish trips, I now know what I need daily/weekly and what is good to have along, but that doesn't need to be inside. peace, love and moving forward

No comments:

Post a Comment