Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2012

Gotta love Oklahoma polices

Yep, I said polices. My across the street neighbor, Billy, called and said some guy just walked between my house and garage. He asked if I knew him, I walked outside and asked him why he walked there and he said he just walked down the hill like it was a normal thing to do. Anyway, Billy (a one man neighborhood watch patrol) called the cops and being that I live in Osage County, Oklahoma, we are protected by a Native American Police force and a Non-Native Police Force. For those of you that aren't familiar with how this works, since Osage county is technically an Osage Indian Reservation, the Native Police can arrest Natives and non-Natives, anywhere, any time. The Non-Native Police Force can only arrest non-natives in certain places (not on original allotee land or tribal grounds). Confused yet? So, anyway, when we call the cops both the Native and White Police will send an officer because you never know which one will have or take jurisdiction. Ok, so Billy, took a picture of the guy and while we were waiting for the cops to come around we went and talked to my neighbors to the north and they said this guy was standing at their back door a couple times last week and that he roams in the middle of the night. The Indian cop knew who he was and since he was native, went up to talk to him and told him not to be roaming near houses or even in the middle of the night. They stopped and told me and Billy that he does have a drug problem and to call them if needed, but that for the next several nights they would be sure and patrol this area. Now, I live in podunk Oklahoma, only about 2500 people. This area has always been safe, I hardly ever lock my doors and always leave the key in the van. But, now I guess a societal misfit will make me start locking things up. Geesh, I need to move to a safer town. Well, maybe not, not every citizen can have two police forces protecting them. peace, love and gotta love living on a Native American Reservation

No comments:

Post a Comment