Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Beautiful Drive

On Monday I drove from Sedalia, MO to Leslie, MO to drop a WWOOFer off at his next farm gig.  It was a lovely drive down a good 2 lane highway.  My new buddy - Brandon is a 26 year old Hippy.  Interested in world causes, the environment and social justice.  Reminds me or me at that age.  Here at age 57, I'm more of a "Been There, Done That, Now its Your Turn" kind of a gal.  I still care, just not as ferverently as I did at age 26.

I then continued on down the road, past St. Louis to sleep in a Rest Area on Highway 24. 

On Tuesday I visited a friend in Woodbury, TN and spent the night there parked next to the sweetest smelling honeysuckle vines.  I left Woodbury on Wednesday morning heading somewhere - not at that point in time sure where.

I decided, since I was having electrical problems to get a portable generator at Camping World south of Chattanooga, TN.  I bought it, but cringe at the thought of all those hundreds of dollars spent.  BUT, I need power.  Once I have power I can get on with writing tutorials and lessons and get my online craft instruction business jump started.

I then drove towards Ellijay GA.  I took the scenic route, along route 52 from Dalton to Ellijay which went up a mountain and down the other side.  The drive was lovely and I would highly recommend it. There were some pull off points that gave a very impressive view of the surrounding hills and valleys.  At the top of the mountain was the Fort Mountain State Park.  It was already 6pm so I didn't enter since it closes at 10pm and I wanted to be off the mountain before it got dark.

I decided to call my friend Karen the next day (today) and parked for the night at Lowes.  And, who pulls up?  Karen!  We'll have more time to visit today.

So, now here it is already Thursday and I'm about to attempt to start a portable generator to get my battery on the trailer charged.  I guess having a portable generator is a good thing.  It will always get me going, even on days of no sun, as opposed to solar.  So I just have to bite the bullet and open the box and start it up.

(Sigh)  I have got to quit spending money.  Surely there's not anything else I need to buy for this full timing in a camper adventure...right?

Peace, Love and Access to Power

No comments:

Post a Comment