Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bleeding money

I am sooooo very tired of spending money to support this new lifestyle.  Golly is it expensive!!!!!

But, now I think I finally have all I need.  And, when I list it, you'll probably say I have too much.  But this is a one time shot - if I don't get what I need now then I may have trouble affording it later.

Thanks to my friend Leonard, I have Solar, 1500 watt inverter,  second coach battery, dorm fridge for the van

I bought a 2k watt inverter/generator for those times when I don't have enough sunshine to charge the batteries via solar, or when I need to start/run something that the solar/batteries aren't strong enough to power.

Of course the travel trailer has a heater, stove, microwave, fridge, shower (verrrry important), toilet (ditto) and bed.

The van has portable heater, fan, porta john, bed, fridge.

I am leaving the solar portable so I can take it with me on short trips in the van or use it at the trailer when camped in the boonies.  I'll also do this with the generator, just depending on which I need to have along.

I have 2 laptops and a cell phone.  I can work and play (when near wifi hotspot).

I really think, except for water needs, I would be able to camp for 2 weeks without restocking.  I guess I need to buy a couple of those 5 gallon water jugs to cart along so I won't run out. (OK now the water jugs will be my last purchase!!!) Plus, using water to shower in the trailer is a whole new learning curve.  I'm used to taking being frugal with water when washing up, even showering, in my van, but the oh so wonderful shower in the trailer is a water waster.  I just have to get a grip on how best to conserve water.  It will be a lesson well learned. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,

    I just found your blog from your post on the Vandwellers group. I've subscribed and followed you and I'm going to add you to my Blog Roll at my "Living Free . . ." blog.

    Back when you were in the Winchester, VA area and Strasburg and Woodstock, VA - you were in my old stomping grounds. I lived in Winchester for about 27 years until I "cut the ties that bind" in 2008, left the ranch I lived on, just west of Winchester, and became a living free "Professional Nomad." I'm now a "nomadic" resident of South Dakota (like so many others are). I have a sister who lives in that cute little village of Strasburg. I was just there this past Saturday evening.

    I'm looking forward to following your adventures.

    Enthusiastically,
    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. does the TT's shower not have a shut off button on the shower head? I get wet, sit it out, soap, turn back on and rinse. doubt I use a gallon even washing long hair.
    Gypsy Jane

    ReplyDelete